1. For each of your two samples, pull open the package.
2. Remove the swab from the tube, taking care not to touch the white swab head with your fingers.
3. Insert the swab into your mouth and rub firmly against the inside of your cheek or underneath lower or upper lip. For standard DNA collection rub for 1 minute using reasonable, firm and solid pressure.
4. Place the swab back into the tube. Do not touch the swab head with your fingers.
5. Place your thumbnail in the small groove set in the handle, then snap the handle in two by bending to one side. When bending the shaft, to make sure the snap point on the edge of the tube top to make it the fulcrum point. Let the swab head fall into the tube.
6. Remove the silica gel capsule from the foil wrapper and place in the tube so that the capsule sits on top of the swab shaft. Seal the tube securely with the cap provided.
7. Peel a barcode sticker and place one on each of the collection tubes. Make sure you apply the barcode on the tube horizontally, as shown:
8. On the consent form, place one of the barcodes in the box provided, write down your information and be sure to sign at the bottom. Seal your consent form (original copy) with 2 collection tubes inside the Yellow return envelope provided.